Boring Machines Disturbs Sleep: Top 5 Albums Of The Year : Ben Winbolt-Lewis

Boring Machines Disturbs Sleep

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Top 5 Albums Of The Year : Ben Winbolt-Lewis

More top 5 albums here, this time it is with Cuckundoo Records owner, Ben-Winbolt Lewis. Ben also works with The Leaf Label so was in a great position to find out the best music of 2006.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Thom Yorke – "The Eraser " (XL)

"not my most listened album of the year, but one of the most powerful. Thom Yorke has monopolised the claustrophobic paranoid feel of a record!"






4. Steve Reid Ensemble – "Spirit Walk " (Soul Jazz)

"2005 record I know, but I bought it this year so there! Amazing grooves, that far surpasses the later collaborations between Steve and Kieran (Four Tet)"





3. Broken Social Scenes/t (Arts & Crafts)

"not as good as "You Forgot It In People", but this album takes a long while to unravel. The best show of the year for me at the Leeds Irish Centre which inspired me infinitely!"






2. Joanna Newsom – "Ys" (Drag City)

"Yes, a bit early to really say, but the arrangements, the feel, the individuality of this record are mindblowing". "







1.volcano! - "Beautiful Seizure" (Leaf)

"I can say this because I loved the album before I worked at Leaf – refreshing, challenging and blows the cobwebs away! "

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Counter