Boring Machines Disturbs Sleep: The Wicker Man

Boring Machines Disturbs Sleep

Monday, November 13, 2006

The Wicker Man

I really freaked myself out by ordering the original 1978 version of The Wicker Man, in my hotel room. Its not particularly scary but I did not expect the ending, and was left deeply unsettled by it. If you haven't seen it don't watch it alone.

The reason for this post is the soundtrack by Paul Giovanni and Magnet, which is absolutley fantatsic. On further investigation I found it has been a major influence in contemporary folk music. It is notable for contributions from various actors (including Christopher Lee). You can find out more about it here. Below is a link to an mp3 of "Willow's Song", which has been covered by a variety of acts over the years. This is a soundtrack I will definitley be looking to buy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Counter