Boring Machines Disturbs Sleep: My Myspace Friends

Boring Machines Disturbs Sleep

Sunday, November 19, 2006

My Myspace Friends

It's always nice when people take the time to look at your profile and request to be your friend. I do try to listen to at least one track of each band that sends me such a request, but it is hard to keep on top of it. Also, on occasions some of the music is not my cup of tea, as they say.

However, now and again something will click into place and you will uncover a hidden gem, and that is what I love about myspace. Over the last few days I have uncovered one or two of these gems and you should too.

Commander Keen

It wouldn't be strictly true to say I found this Glasgow-based duo, as it was nice recommendation from Last Days. But I did take the time to listen and found some rather gorgoeus music. Commader Keen use cello, glockenspiel and even toy instruments to make their delicate folk and electronica sound. They are slowly but surely gaining some interest in Scotland (with a handful of live dates due), so maybe the rest of the world should catch on early too.


Houndstooth

This one comes all the way from Down Under and is the work of Dave Dreimann. His music defies some of his influences such as Mogwai, Explosions In The Sky and Godspeed You Black Emperor, instead sounding more akin to fellow countrymen Hungry Ghosts and The Dirty Three. There are also some nice folk touches on the track "Candlelight Eats" and string arrangements that are quite beautiful. Listen to and download this unsigned artist%

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Counter