Boring Machines Disturbs Sleep: A Silver Mt Zion : "God Bless Our Dead Marines"

Boring Machines Disturbs Sleep

Sunday, September 03, 2006

A Silver Mt Zion : "God Bless Our Dead Marines"

I caught A Silver Mt Zion's live show in early June, at Glasgow's ABC venue, and remember this song "God Bless Our Dead Marines" being an absolute standout. The double bass thumped right through me, while the twin violin attack was superb. This songs momentum builds tremendously, while I also love the out of key and fragile vocals. This footage taken from another gig on the tour brings back a lot of wonderful memories of that night.

Due to lack of ticket sales, the venue was downgraded, to the much smaller ABC 2 that night. However, this only served to heighten the atmosphere, as around 200 people crammed into a room only menat for half that amount. How the band (7 members) managed to fit on the minute stage was beyond me. But watching them perform all huddled together, is something that will live with me for a long time. A very special band.

3 Comments:

At 11 September, 2006, Blogger Micky67 said...

Yeah, sometimes I prefer to just listen to the actual music, and forget about the world's problems

 
At 12 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's a beautiful piece.It must be a great experience to see this band live.Even though my musical knowledge is poor, I was impressed by this song and, later on, by this band. I like the instrumemtals,the violins and the voice...truly amazing. I first heard it when I was over at a friend's. He was so excited about it. Indeed, it's a song worth getting excited about.

 
At 12 September, 2006, Blogger Micky67 said...

you should definitely go and see them ive they are ever round your area. Just a fantastic live act

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Counter