Boring Machines Disturbs Sleep: Port-Royal : "Flares (Part 3)"

Boring Machines Disturbs Sleep

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Port-Royal : "Flares (Part 3)"

I have finally came across some footage of the truly remarkable Italian group Port-Royal. Ever since posting this appreciation of their "Flares" album I have been scouring the internet looking to give you some tangible evidence, apart from my words.

Not only did I find this video, but I found 4 more including some live performances. If you haven't heard this album, then please make sure you do. It is not often that a band makes such an impact on me. In fact, there are only a handful (Radiohead; Mogwai; Explosions In The Sky ; Sigur Ros and thre Hungry Ghosts). "Flares" is one of my all-time favourite albums and at an expansive 70 odd minutes long, it ranges from blissful ambience, stuttering electronics and is full of huge guitar crescendo's. The video above is part 3 of album centrepiece "Flares". Simply stunning and an absolute masterpiece from start to finish. Go here to read another excellent description of "Flares"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Counter