Boring Machines Disturbs Sleep: Our Sleepless Forest Signed!

Boring Machines Disturbs Sleep

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Our Sleepless Forest Signed!

I'm not one for blowing my own trumpet, but I think I can make an exception in this case. A young band I posted on here a couple of months ago, have just found out that Type Records will be releasing some of their music.

Our Sleepless Forest, are three youngsters (not even out of their teens), from London. Back then, I was full of praise for their remarkable sound. They combine elements of psychedelia, stuttered electronics and filtered guitars to develop and wonderful and atmospheric sound.

Type Records is well established as one of the most innovative (and coolest) imprints about. The likes of Helios, Khonnor and Xela can be found on their roster. Our Sleepless Forest will be releasing an 7' through Type, featuring "Poison Dwarf", "Cascade" and the glorious "Tinderbox". The band allowed me to host an mp3 of "Tinderbox" all those weeks ago (of course its now offline) and through our e-mails displayed an excellentl knowledge of the current underground music scene, that is portrayed throughout their music.

This marks the first real Boring Machines recommendation, and it couldn't have happened to more worthy guys. I hope it will bring every success this band deserve. Listen to Our Sleepless Forest here. The 7' will be available on the Type shop and through Boomkat. More news to follow.

2 Comments:

At 22 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just realized that Type Records is the label that Sickoakes is on! Definitely on my best of 2006 list! Check them out if you get a chance.

 
At 22 September, 2006, Blogger Micky67 said...

Again, know of them but not their music. Ive heard differing reports, more positive than negative. But I think I'll find out myself

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Counter