Boring Machines Disturbs Sleep: Lost In The Woods

Boring Machines Disturbs Sleep

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Lost In The Woods

Still pretty shocked at Syd Barrett's death and have been listening to his music since I found out. I also decided to fish out a book I bought 5 or 6 years ago called "Lost In The Woods" by Julian Palacios. When reading the book, I would put my Dad's Syd vinyl on, and quickly grew to love his songs, especially the album Piper At The Gates Of Dawn. Here is an excerpt from the book that charts one of the greatest musical icons of the 20th Century, inspiring millions worldwide.

There are also a number of other books dedicated to Syd, ana a truly amazing Syd Barrett FAQ site , which is surprising considering how short his music career really was. I guess his former bandmates in Pink Floyd called it right when they wrote,

"Remember when you were young/ You shone like the sun"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Counter