Boring Machines Disturbs Sleep: Idioteque

Boring Machines Disturbs Sleep

Monday, July 24, 2006

Idioteque

Idioteque is one of my all time favourite tracks, it changed the way I listened to music. Suddenly, Radiohead were quoting all sorts of artists I didn't know about, such as Autechre. I had to find out about these influences and ever sice 2000 have been heavily into electronic music.

This is the song that started it all, and the video below is a particularly storming version from Radiohead's Glastonbury 2003 headline slot. Enjoy

2 Comments:

At 25 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
Saw you're link via almostcool. And just thought I'd say you got a great blog going on! You seem to be into similiar music to me, including the awesome type records.
I've got a band you can hear at
myspace.com/oursleeplessforest
check it out!

Sam

 
At 25 July, 2006, Blogger Micky67 said...

Thanks for posting Sam. It is my first one of real note!!. I love the almostcool site too, found many great albums from there. Im going to check out your band right now.

I will also be willing to do a post on your band if your interested?. There is nothing better than finding out about great music.

PS Type is a fantastic label

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Counter